This is pretty cool. This course is 5 minutes from my house. They were just chosen as one of the Best New Courses 2010 by Golfweek. It's a beautiful course but a nightmare (at least for me) to play. Super tight fairways.
John
shoptalk

One of the most dramatic (and, most talked about) changes was on hole No. 8, now one of the region's prettiest and most challenging par 5's. The tee boxes were re-positioned and trees removed, which opened up one of the signature views in all of northern Michigan, including Lake Michigan, the Manitou Passage, sand dunes and lighthouse.

With its crystal clear inland waters, sparkling Lake Michigan beaches, and miles of rolling sand dunes in the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, Leelanau was the perfect setting for Manitou Passage Golf Club as it was for The Homestead, America's Freshwater Resort. Guests can now enjoy this world-class Arnold Palmer signature design and golf packages at a resort of comparable quality.

For more information about Manitou Passage Golf Club and to experience the areas premier destination course, visit www.manitoupassagegolfclub.com or for packaging information visit www.thehomesteadresort.com.

John, it sounds like a piece of heaven Š hfs