Hi Steve,

On 3/26/13 3:12 PM, Stephen Kent wrote:
> Carlos,
>> Adding to what Oleg mentions in LACNIC we also equal a user of the RPKI
>> system with a legitimate resource holder. It doesn't matter for us
>> whether the user (resource holder) has an AS or not.
> If the address space holder has an AS# allocated by LACNIC, then that
> AS# belongs in the
> cert you issue to that entity.

Yessir. AS numbers are listed in their resource cert(s).

>> In practice, we have quite a few resource holders with no AS, although
>> no one of them has yet created ROAs.
> Do you mean to say that these address space holders do not have ASes, or
> that
> they do not have ASes allocated through LACNIC?

Good question. What I can affirm is that they don't have ASes allocated
by LACNIC. However, from my personal 'feeling' of the region I'm willing
to bet that most if not all of them have no ASes at all, although there
could be some 'outliers' that have ASes allocated by other RIRs.

We also have a third situation: Members with only AS numbers and no
LACNIC-allocated addressing resources. We also issue resource certs for
them listing only the AS numbers, even though as of today they are a bit
useless.

~Carlos

<funny-sad-bit>
Every now and then I get email with questions about how to multihome
with no AS
</funny-sad-bit>