FWIW, a few years ago we did have at least two APRICOTs where there was
nothing in parallel with the Thursday Policy SIG. It meant that the
technical/ops part of the conference finished on Wednesday. APRICOT 2009
was one example - for reference. (And tech/ops people left on Wednesday
night.)

But we reverted to putting regular conference content in parallel with
the Policy SIG following requests and feedback for that.

And yes, if there is clear desire from the Policy SIG to be standalone,
the APRICOT PC will pay very close attention to that desire. :-)

philip