On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 10:40 PM, Ramakrishnan Sundaram
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 10:38 PM, Ramakrishnan Sundaram
>  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > On a tangent, I have a seven-year-old, and I can fairly quickly spot
>
>  On another tangent, why does gmail keep asking me to invite silk-list
>  to gmail? Googlers, can't you identify a list?
>
>  Perhaps this is not a tangent, after all. Maybe I should invite TBD to gmail.
>
>  Ram

Ram! Just couldn't help it, I burst out laughing at this quirk that I
have noticed on Gmail all the time (for which, no doubt, some worthy
Krishnamurthy or Ranga Rao got a bonus)  and your response. I think
silk-list inviting TBD to gmail would be more appropriate...

On a tangent parallel to your own, what happened to the "group talk"
feature that Google introduced as the equivalent of conference on
Yahoo chat? I must say, Yahoo chat for the lay user has Gtalk beaten
all ways....Gtalk on Gmail has some glitch whereby, very often, I am
told that I am signed out of Gmail when I am not; then I have to go
and clear the cache and do sundry other chores to get that message
off.

And to go back to  the email id  thread, I have done both...shared an
email id with the spouse, and then moved to a separate one as
work-related emails started increasing on the first id. I have had
people being amazed that each member of a family had a separate email
id, and still know families who share one...but I think the essential
thing is that each member who uses that id, identifies hesself at the
beginning of the communication... a simple thing to do. We have all
done that sometimes..on Skype or something similar, when a friend's id
 is logged on, we say,  or used to say, "this is actually  so-and-so
talking on you-know-who's id".

\