Ramakrishnan Sundaram wrote:

On another tangent, why does gmail keep asking me to invite silk-list
to gmail? Googlers, can't you identify a list?

GMail sometimes marks messages from Google's own services as spam sometimes. Calendar reminders, Google group membership messages have all been found in my spam folder. You'd think they'd be able work out their internal secret handshakes better.

[Checks quickly] Oh, still in Beta. Apologies. ;)

[More ranting added before I clicked send: Dear GTalk, when somebody conversing with you logs out or gets disconnected, please make it more noticeable instead of simply turning the title bar grey. Continuing to talk for 5 minutes to a void is not fun. Please see Yahoo Messenger for tips, as ridiculously bloated as that app is.]

And coming back to the original topic, I think a single email address should stand for only one person, warts and all. It's pointless to discuss things with an email address that stands for a bunch of people and not know who the heck might be responding. Don't want to be subbed? Read the web archives.

Shiok Far-eastern Cuisine
Indiranagar, Bangalore
Visit us @ http://www.shiokfood.com
Book your table online: http://www.shiokfood.com/reserve.html