> The emphasis on open standards, open source and Indian language
> computing in their IT Vision was welcome.
> FYI, I am not a supporter of the BJP, but I have met
> some of those who drafted the policy and think
> they have their heart in the right place.

BJP is a self proclaimed nationalist party.

This false appeal has attracted some real good people also into their
fold. And why should it be surprising that these people churn out a
professional looking vision statement.

All designed to harvest the votes from the IT crowd. A suave approach to
winning elections. All very professionally done.

To the religious minded sell the Ram temple.
To the IT professional sell this IT vision stuff.
Makes perfect sense.

> The emphasis on open standards, open source and Indian language
> computing in their IT Vision was welcome.

Quite generic I'd say. Anyone can come up with this.
What if the Janata Dal comes up with a better one tomorrow?

Lukhman