On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 8:14 AM, lukhman_khan<lukhman_k...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>>I think this is way too harsh. Can you be more specific about what >>you
>> Atanu Dey has the best analysis I've seen

It is an engaging piece of over-analysis. Nice as a thought experiment
but political manifestos are statements of intent and not meant to be
analyzed to such depth. In-depth analysis makes sense only when the
implementation plans are being discussed.

>> http://www.deeshaa.org/2009/03/16/bjps-it-for-all/
>
> http://www.lkadvani.in/eng/images/stories/it-vision.pdf
>
> The more I read this, the more I realise its impossibility.
> A bunch of elaborate lies, impossible to achieve.
>
> Just one simple example :
>>Raise farm productivity, bring cost of cultivation
>>down and increase kisans' income through
>>revolutionary transformation of agriculture
>>using IT for water conservation, soil enrichment,
>>procurement, marketing and credit needs of kisans',
>>waste elimination,and taking R&D from "lab to land"
>
> So easy to say all that (in just two lines of that vision stmt)
> Doing it all is a different ball game alltogather.
>
> Just to implement this one thing they need unimaginable anounts of money.
>
> Lukhman.

Anyway, this is so much water under the bridge. I can't help feeling
that people's opinion of the BJP has clouded their
analysis/over-analysis of the IT vision.

Venky

PS: Once again, I am not a BJP supporter.