On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 4:28 PM, Kiran K Karthikeyan <
kiran.karthike...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You're putting words into my mouth. I never said it favoured one community
> over another. I just said that it should be uniform, i.e. a Hindu, Muslim,
> or Christian are equal before the law. Perhaps I'm being too idealistic...

I don't see how the need for a UCC affects a Hindu male. It would be a god
sent for Muslim women, but a Hindu male pining for the UCC seems like the
only desire is for a dilution of religious identities. Which is a very
worthy cause, but the BJP's flaw here is to paint all muslims as being
anti-UCC and therefore by extension having no sense of India as a nation.
It's always the subtext with the BJP that bothers and it invariably rears
it's ugly head in some form or the other.