> Pierce the gel capsules
>   with a sharp instrument and squeeze the garlic oil of 2-3 capsules into
>  EACH EAR. This is important - even if only one ear is hurting.....put the
>    oil into EACH EAR. Lightly insert cotton into each ear to keep the oil
>  from falling out. Leave in overnight or for several hours.

It would be better to go to a health food store or on-line source and
buy garlic-mullein in olive oil.  I have been told it is more
advantageous to have a carrier oil to put the garlic oil in.  Straight
garlic oil might be a bit too strong for some.  I have used the
garlic-mullein oil very successfully for ear infections.  There are lots
of essential oils which have very strong medicinal qualities, but all
are recommended to be diluted in a carrier oil for safety.  I used oil
of oregano straight once and burned myself.
Kristie