----- Original Message -----
From: "Ode Coyote" <odecoy...@alltel.net>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2007 11:39 AM
Subject: Re: CS> tryptophan repost from june'06

I didn't object to the fact that you have a different view or opinion.  What
I objected to was several of your statements of facts that were not credible
to me. You make broad assumptions about things that may in fact have no
basis other than your own opinion.

Below, I have made comments.

The fact is that last year Congress authorized millions more dollars for FDA
testing. What happened to the money? (Reported on Lou Dobb's last week)
Rather than an increase of testing,-the money was given out in the form of
bonus's to top appointed official (Puppets) at the FDA.

> > > Nor have we defined what it is specifically enough for our vague rules
> > > be followed.

You offer no proof of this being true.

> > > All we can do is bitch and snipe when something goes wrong.
> > > It was created because no one was doing *any* job.
> > > No, it isn't perfect, nothing is perfect.
> > > Yes, the system does need an overhaul.
> > > Who pays for that overhaul?     HOW, should it be changed?

The first, best change would be to get rid of the appointed puppets that
have been put in place to thwart oversight and prevent all the good
employees from doing their jobs.

> > >   We piss and moan, but don't want the responsibility of paying up and
> > > being in charge.

If you want to change a corrupt and broken system maybe some folks do need
to speak up and inform others.  This sounds to me like you are suggesting,-
shut-up and put-up. Your a whinner if you don't.

> > >   If we DID fund them enough to protect us ....absolutely, as we
> > > demand....we'd all starve.
> > > Inspect every leaf, every hunk of meat?  Nothing left to eat.

A better suggestion is to stop subsidizing factory farm food. When the mad
cow situation came to light what happened to inspections? They decreased
down to nothing. Was this a money problem or a political move to protect big
beef industry? We can support local, family farms if we want good product.
And, by the way, most of us do. Most of us if given the choice would prefer
locally produced goods. We do it with our dollars already. It is our elected
officials who represent the corporate interests that have favored corporate
farming with their subsidies.

> > > GE:
> > > Mitochondria DNA tracing along with some interpretations of history
> > > strongly suggests that virtually all of our farm crops and domestic
> > > animals...and we ourselves, were genetically engineered...and we are,
and
> > > they are, of course, "perfect".
> > >   No one is allergic to sheep, or peanuts, or corn, or wheat, or
> > >   How many versions of human just plain "failed"?

This is your opinion and if you want to think that it is okay with me.
However, if that were true, we somehow adjusted to particular foods during
all those years since. It doesn't mean that now we can adjust to inserted
pestisides and other genes in our food. What about suicide seeds? You think
those are designed to feed the starving masses too? Get a grip. You are much
too smart for that BS.

> > > Any changes present problems to some people.
> > >   Every endeavor includes a possibility of error.

What we are talking about is deliberate.

> > > Nothing happens without cost and benefit considerations.
> > >   Every human is motivated by self interest.  Call that greed?  OK,
Call
> >it
> > > greed.
> > >   And everything starts with not knowing what you're doing.
> > >   Nothing, is what needs to be done?
> > > OK, do nothing.
> > > Telling everyone else they are wrong, is, doing nothing.
> > > Congratulations, you have succeeded. [in wasting valuable intelligence
and
> > > effort on nothing ]

Your opinion only. I could say the same.

> > > So here we have a system by default that, if even a very small
percentage
> > > of people have a problem, whole fields of endeavor grind to a halt,
> > > regardless of any over all benefit.
> > >   We have Governments to control us because we don't control
ourselves,
> > > then whine when they do...and whine when they
don't

Anyone out there whining for more government intrusion and control? Nope not
me.

> > >   Yes, it is a bit more than a touch ignorant.  It's a representative
> > > government.
> > >   They all are.  Even the totalitarian ones.

We no longer have a democratic government in my opinion.

> > > Even Monsanto can't survive without the buyers consent and
participation.
> > >   Monsanto is "people" who eat the unlabeled foods they engineer.
Those
> > > are not "different" people.
> > >   They have children and relatives too.
> > >   They are self interested like everyone else.
> > >   They see and suffer the cost just like everyone else, but also have
> > > birds eye view of benefit that no one wants to look at.
> > > Every change has it's risk.   No attempt in the face of  inevitable
> >change,
> > > is even riskier.
> > >   Problems and imperfections?  OF COURSE!  [If anyone knew what they
were
> > > doing, it would already be done. ]

Why do you think Monsanto has fought labeling so hard. People want it. Why
do you suppose we don't have it?

> > > If you have a better idea, implement it.
> > > If it IS a better idea, it will catch on.

There are SO many smart, inventive people out there that do have the
answers. Power and money does not make us all equal. Look what happens to
those few brave doctors that come out with cures. Railroaded or driven out
of the country. Play by the rulers or loose your license to practice. And by
the way, we do not have a free market system either. We have monopolies that
are getting bigger and bigger every day. One such monopoly is the AMA which
by the way is a trade union. Don't hear too much griping about that trade
union though. Big pharma's little tool set.

> > >   A real winner doesn't have to make everything else out to be a
loser.
> > > That's what losers do to make themselves out to *look like* winners.
> > > I can't, because "they" won't?  Loser!!

This is just more crap again. Again, "Loser" if you open your mouth. More
shut-up and put-up or you are a LOSER. Cut the insults and I might respect
your writing more.

Enough,
Paula

> > > There are just no absolutes on planet Earth.
> > > It's ALL process, and all process includes errors.
> > > ..and all errors include resistance to acknowledgement.
> > >
> > > A better idea that really IS better, makes errors AND  resistance a
moot
> > > and forgotten point.
> > >   Beating your brains out against obstacles, gets you beaten brains.
"GO
> > > AROUND"
> > >
> > > Only an idiot believes he can make idiots smarter by yelling "stupid"
at
> >them.
> > >   [ And only an idiot would listen to them yell. ]
> > >
> > >   Help me, help me!  ...No, not like that!
> > > How then?
> > >   If I knew that, I wouldn't have hired you to tell me.
> > >   That makes me the expert and you the fool?
> > >   Noise is knowledge in action?
> > > Yup.
> > >
> > > The clinking sound a coin makes when thrown away, buys one nothing.
> > > [Discount today, 3 nothings for a single clink. ]
> > > ...always a highly successful sale day, drawing crowds of buyers.
> > >
> > >   Law of demand and supply:  [It's NOT the other way around.]
> > > Where-so-ever there be buyers, so shall there be sellers.
> > >
> > >   Buy into your helplessness??  So shall it be sold to you.
> > >
> > >   I've met a lot of people with a "saviour complex".
> > >   All they know is how to put others down and any "plan" they may have
is
> > > so full of holes, it won't even hold boulders.
> > > Never mind "my"  plan that CAN'T work in any version of a real
world....
> > > look at theirs that isn't doing very well!!
> > > Idi Amin was one of those "saviours"
> > >   He truly believed he could and the people of Uganda bought
> > > it...believing, like Amin, that "they" were the problem, so
eliminating
> > > "them" was a solution.
> > >
> > >   It was found out the hard way,
> > >   There is no "they" and "them" is, us, denying our own identity.
> > > ....and the responsibility that having an identity entails, along with
the
> > > "true" power it gives.
> > >
> > > Ode

THEIR