On 10/26/2007, Ode Coyote (odecoy...@alltel.net) wrote:
Yes, "flooded" is the correct term. [maybe not "inundated" ]
That Japanese outfit was HUGE and made tryptofan a lot cheaper than anyone else using their new [faulty] process.

It was due to using GENETICALLY ENGINEERED BACTERIA... they had been producing tryptophan for many years prior to that.

Had the FDA kept that crap out of our food supply (read: BEEN DOING THEIR SUPPOSED JOB), it never would have happened.

But no, your (apparently beloved) FDA approves of this junk wholeheartedly.

If I recall, they did get their buttocks sued off, but none of the small guys re-packaging and re-selling it did.

Why should they? Its the FDA that should have gotten sued.

[balance snipped as meaningless sniping ]

Meaning you have no answer to it...

....no, not everyone is evil no matter who they work for, nor is the alt health industry a pack of benevolent angels.

Never said either one, so fail to see your point.