Thank you.

Faith G

----- Original Message ----- From: "Smitty" <papad...@gmail.com>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: CS>Simon aka Charles is gone...

I do not agree at all. I do not demand that others treat me exactly the
way I need to be treated in order for me to feel good about myself.  This
places quite a burden on friends, neighbors and  the entire world, and it
does not require me to make any effort at all to understand where other
people are coming from.

To insist that all others dance in attendance to my emotional wants and
needs places a HUGE demand on the rest of the world.    To automatically
assume that the other person sees me as dumb is a  construct of my own
thinking designed to keep my demands in place and up front. Nobody lives between my ears but me. I'm in there all by myself so I cannot blame other
people for what emerges from my own thinking..

I may not always agree with what the other person has to say and I may not
even like  what the other person has to say,  but I'd damned well better
love their RIGHT to say it because I cannot muzzle the next guy without
muzzling myself at the same time.

We cause as much pain in the world when we take offense as when we give it.

Faith G

Well put. . . .Faith. . . .
As Archie Bunker would say. . . . Case Closed !

Smitty