That's part of it.
In the spirit of reality where "and" counts, silver oxides can also play a role in both color AND particle size when being a crystal nucleation site for smaller particles. Hydrogen Peroxide scavenges the nucleus out of crystalline structures by destroying colored [pigment] Silver Oxide particles of the crystals nucleus, thus breaking apart a particle that's the right size to display a light scattering color down into one that won't.

It works on green and red particles too...sometimes nucleated by an a organic contaminant that has no pigment of its own that H2O2 will also destroy.

ode