I'm always reluctant to accept anecdotal evidence at face value.  I recognize
that sometimes it really does suggest a compelling connection a la cause and
effect, but at other times it does not, but people will believe crazy stuff due
to coincidence.

Here is a true story involving CS.

One of our pet rats, Vito recently lost most interest in eating and began
acting lethargic and depressed.    My wife, who tends to our small furry
friends faithfully, asked me if CS might help.  I said it might.

So she started mixing it 50/50 with regular water.  Vito lapped it up greedily
resting every now and then because he was weak.   She did this for a couple
days.   Then the other night, Vito passed away.

The gist of the story - Our sick rat drank CS and died.

Now to some people, this would represent the proof they needed to show that CS
is toxic.

To others, it just would mean that poor Vito was too far gone for the CS to
help, assuming that it could.

In my mind, Vito was on his last legs and his hours were numbered.   There is
no way I believe that the CS hurt him, despite his ultimate demise.

This is the problem with anecdotal evidence.  It can be extremely convincing,
yet it is NOT scientific and not proof of anything.  Some things are right,
even though there is not good proof.  And some things are wrong, despite
evidence which appears compelling on the surface.

Cheers.