I found an interesting website you might want to take a look at...

http://www.clovegarden.com/ingred/chili.html

Health Considerations
Hot Chilis are safe. Experiments have been conducted squirting chili oils
directly onto the stomach lining and no adverse effects were seen. Scientists
working with pure capsaicin do so in filtered rooms wearing hazmat suits, but
the pure stuff is 16,000,000 Scoville and real chilis top out at about 500,000
Scoville (A2).

The pain of hotness is entirely a nerve signaling thing and is not a real pain
from damage of any kind. Birds do not have appropriate receptors and are immune
to chilis so eat them and spread their seeds efficiently. The upshot of this is
you can treat the seed in your bird feeder with chilis so the squirrels can't
eat it, but it doesn't bother the birds at all. There are commercial products
for this.

Exit Sting: If you notice this problem a day or so after eating hot chilis you
are not eating enough hot chilis. The digestion adjusts and this problem goes
away. For instance, I eat enough hot chilis I was not bothered by exit sting
after testing (and guzzling) hot sauces for the article above.

Vitamins: Hot red chilis are extremely high in vitamin A, but have good doses
of vitamin C as well as folic acid, potassium and antioxidants. They are low
sodium and very low carb (A3).

Endorphin Rush: Chilis have been found to provide many people with an
"endorphin rush" similar to that achieved by joggers but with a lot less
effort, risk and damage to the joints (A2). It is reported this can be achieved
with hot chili varieties when they are too young to be hot so people who like
this effect can get it without the pain if they plant their own chili plants.

Sweating and Digestion: Hot chilis are very popular in practically all tropical
areas because they induce sweating which cools the body. They are also a
digestive stimulant which helps a lot in hot weather (A4).

There is much more there if you are interested.

PT