 From: sol <sol...@sweetwaterhsa.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 3:04 PM
Subject: Re: CS>arthritis

Kathy Tankersley wrote:
> I know this has been discussed on this list, but I failed to save the post,
> what is anyone using for arthritis?  Seems like I hurt all over my whole
> body.    I'm 73 years old, walking seems to help, I take glucosamine
> chondroitin msm, and have for years.  But I'm ready to try something else,
> any suggestions?  Thanks
> Kathy
Kathy,
  This is my experience.....I was getting awful knobby hands, both Heberden's
Nodes and Bouchard's Nodes, as well as very  painful knees and hips. I have
some arthritis in my spine too, etc. My fingers now look almost normal. Joints
are a bit large, and the twisting in my index fingers is still present, but
basically the knobs and protrusions in the finger joints are pretty much gone.
My knees and hips are no longer painful, unless I eat wheat/gluten. FWIW, at my
worst a few years ago, I couldn't walk without 2 canes and a ton of pain. My
knees not only do not hurt, but they don't even crackle and pop going up and
down stairs.
   I think what has produced my improvement is following the dietary
recommendations of Ray Peat. I no longer consume any vegetable/seed oils
(except for eating out once or twice a month). I don't use any commercial
mayonnaise or salad dressings anymore either. I consume gelatin and collagen
daily, about 30 grams a day on average. I drink lots of milk, eat lots of
cheese.........drink fruit juices and have fruit, and use sugar all over the
place. There is more to my story, of course, but this covers the basics, LOL.
sol