This reminds me of when I was making topical guaifenesin - I found that a little liquid was necessary to deal with the grittiness, so I used some CS as well. I started off using Emu Oil, then also moved to coconut oil once I found that. Thanks, this might be the encouragement I need to just get on and do it. Maybe a pinch of borax, too, for the arthritis.