From: Sara Mandal-Joy [mailto:smjl...@wavewls.com]
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2012 1:29 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>arthritis-- May I interrupt for a question?

You should know that that "prescription" is not universally effective - it
works for some folks, others not at all.
Certainly worth a serious try.  But be aware your mileage may vary.  Some folks
actually use hot red peppers to lessen their pain - I'm one of those.    I
religiously did the complete night-shade avoidance diet, with no benefit
whatsoever.   So different strokes for different folks - for those it does
work, it seems to work well, and be easily testable by trying a minor inclusion
at some point after symptoms have initially improved.  You'll be able to tell
if you are one who will be helped by this diet or not.   Sara

  Thanks for your input, I guess I'm at that point where I am going to have to
get serious about the diet, I love all the night=shade veggies and (ahem)
cheddar cheese.  To get out of this misery, I'm ready to do anything.
Thanks.......Kathy