You should know that that "prescription" is not universally effective - it works for some folks, others not at all. Certainly worth a serious try. But be aware your mileage may vary. Some folks actually use hot red peppers to lessen their pain - I'm one of those. I religiously did the complete night-shade avoidance diet, with no benefit whatsoever. So different strokes for different folks - for those it does work, it seems to work well, and be easily testable by trying a minor inclusion at some point after symptoms have initially improved. You'll be able to tell if you are one who will be helped by this diet or not. Sara

Thanks for your input, I guess I'm at that point where I am going to have to get serious about the diet, I love all the night=shade veggies and (ahem) cheddar cheese. To get out of this misery, I'm ready to do anything. Thanks.......Kathy

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* Judy Knowlton <mailto:judydownma...@roadrunner.com>
    *To:* silver-list@eskimo.com <mailto:silver-list@eskimo.com>
    *Sent:* Friday, April 20, 2012 10:36 AM
    *Subject:* RE: CS>arthritis-- May I interrupt for a question?

    I must admit I've been glossing over (deleting) arthritis emails here
    because I've been pain-free for so long. Can I assume you've
    covered the
    basic foods to avoid like the night-shades (potatoes, tomatoes,
    green peppers,
    eggplant, paprika ... and  (ahem) cheddar cheese?)
    JudyDownMaine
    And drinking sufficient water? I figure half my pound weight is
    the number of ounces
    to drink each day.  I put a splash of apple cider vinegar in each
    8 ounces.
    If I change this regimen, my ankles, knees, etc. start talking
    back. I'm 76.