Hi Gary:

It depends upon the clay and the individual.

The three clay blend that was mentioned earlier is a bit more pallatable than
some clays.  We actually pioneered a method of dry ozonating edible clay to
improve the taste a bit.

http://www.eytonsearth.org/tecopia-essentia.php

You can view certificate of analysis and clay minerology report on several
clays we use and study above; usage information is also available.

Clay is actually much more pallatable than MSM (I take about 1/2 cup of MSM
daily).

Keep in mind that clay is not dirt or mud; when "pure" clay is mixed with
water, it creates a colloid comprised of minute and highly organized crystals.
Different clays have different particle characteristics, mineral combinations,
and particle sizes.  For IBS, the larger smectite particles are ideal, because
they are not adsorbed into the system, but pass through the stomach and small
intestine into the large intestine.

Kind Regards,

Jason