I highly recommend those with hypothyroidism and/or Hashimoto's to
study Dr Datis
Kharrizian warns about using treatments with iodine:

Iodine and Hashimoto’s <http://thyroidbook.com/blog/iodine-and-hashimotos/>
[image: Share to
Facebook]<http://thyroidbook.com/blog/iodine-and-hashimotos/#facebook>
[image: Share to Google
Buzz]<http://www.google.com/buzz/post?message=Iodine%20and%20Hashimoto\'s&url=http://thyroidbook.com/blog/iodine-and-hashimotos/>
[image: Share to Google
Plus]<https://m.google.com/app/plus/x/?v=compose&content=Iodine%20and%20Hashimoto\'s%20-%20http://thyroidbook.com/blog/iodine-and-hashimotos/>
[image: Share to
LiveJournal]<http://www.livejournal.com/update.bml?event=http://thyroidbook.com/blog/iodine-and-hashimotos/&subject=Iodine%20and%20Hashimoto\'s>
[image: Share to
Twitter]<http://thyroidbook.com/blog/iodine-and-hashimotos/#twitter>

Iodine supplementation has become very popular in recent years, and with
good reason. Iodine has been shown to be an effective therapy for such
conditions as breast and uterine fibroids, breast cancer, and more. When it
comes to Hashimoto’s, however, I oppose the use of iodine as you risk
worsening your autoimmune thyroid condition.

As I explained in the book, iodine stimulates the activity of the thyroid
peroxidase (TPO) enzyme, which triggers thyroid hormone production. This is
why so many thyroid supplements contain iodine, even though the thyroid
only needs enough iodine to fit on the head of a pin each day in order to
perform its duties.

Supplementing with iodine stimulates the production and activity of TPO.
For most people with Hashimoto’s, TPO also happens to be the site of
autoimmune attack, and surrounding thyroid tissue is damaged in the
process. So everytime TPO production is stimulated, the immune system,
which perceives TPO as a foreign invader to be eradicated, responds more
aggressively and amps up the attack.

Get his book from this website, it was sold out and now re-printed:

http://thyroidbook.com/blog/iodine-and-hashimotos/

RaVen

Quote:
*Jon Stewart:* "I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I
invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast,
and then I killed them and took their land."