On 11/29/2014 09:02 PM, sol wrote:

A few years ago when the idea of some people being "super
 tasters" was making the rounds, I did the test and
supposedly I am a super taster. Also some years ago, I
knew online people who could put bare steroid tablets in
their mouth and could eve chew them. Not a good idea at
all, BTW, but once when caught out without anything to
wash my (cut) tablet down with, I tried dry swallowing
it, and it took well over 4 hours for the gawdawful
bitter nasty taste to fade. Ever after, I put the cut
tablet pieces in gelatin capsules, was the only way I
could get them down without them contacting my tongue,
LOL.

I don't think it is a matter of being a super taster or having a not sensitive palette. It is a case of specific chemicals having a strong taste or no taste, at all, depending on the genetics that built your taste buds.

--
Regards,

John Popelish