From: M. G. Devour <mdev...@mail.id.net>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Date: Friday, November 12, 1999 3:03 PM
Subject: Re: CS>LOW OR HIGH VOLTAGE?

Re: Low or high voltage, Bil Green wrote:

> I have not seen anyone discuss the best method for making high
> quality CS.

True, that particular debate hasn't come up lately.

The consensus we have reached, or at least that I encourage, is that
either is perfectly capable of making good CS. It's just a matter of
getting your chosen process under control.

> One of the manufacturers of high voltage (10,000 volts AC) CS
> generators claims that the low voltage (30 volts DC) systems are
> worthless.

This is an overstatement on his part. Given the number of people
who've had good luck with the LVDC generated stuff, you can *not* say
that they don't work. It is arguable that the HVAC process generates
a *different* and in some ways possibly *better* product, yes, but it
does not negate the virtues of the low cost, low tech methods.

We've got plenty of *both* kind of units represented here. You don't
hear much complaint from either side about their own systems not
working! <grin>

Be well,

Mike D.

[mdev...@mail.id.net                       ]
[Speaking only for myself...              ]