OK, I just pulled out my scope and took some measurements with the clark zapper.

First I looked at the schematic in the book, and it shows a 1 K resistor for R3.
So 9 volts on 1k would be 9 mA short circuit. See previous postings of this
schematic by me to this group to verify if you like.  When I was working in
industry the UL requirement was 10 mA of leakage max. so this makes sense to me.

Open circuit I was getting right at 9 volts peak to peak.  With the hand holds
wetted and held I was getting a 3.2 volt peak to peak signal.  So we had 3.2
volts
across the hands, and 5.8 volts drop across the output resistor of the zapper
(assuming 0 output impedance of the driver).  That works out to 5.8 mA in this
case.  3.2 Volts divided by 5.8 mA is 551 ohms resistance from hand to hand,
which
is right in line with what I typically measure for this type of setup.  I don't
know where you get the body resistance is 200K, the body is full of blood, which
has salt in it, and is very conductive.  Dry skin will give readings of this
order,
but not wet skin over a large area of several square inches as when holding the
hand holds with a wet paper towel.

The 3.2 volts is fairly close to the 2.6 volts loaded that was given earlier.
So I
stand by my original statement.

However there is one oddity. My body ends up looking like a 2.4 volt battery in
series with a 551 ohm resistor.  The pulses do not return to ground but go only
as
low as 3.2 volts  So the 3.2 volt square wave is really going from 2.4 volts to
5.8
volts.  That is it is centered on about 4.1 volts.  I am not sure what the
polarization is or where it is coming from.  So in reality we actually have a
reverse current during the low part of the cycle of about half the amplitude of
the
positive current during the postive part.

I find this odd, and will have to think about it to figure out why.

Marshall