Hi William (and others)
I explicitely said a couple of times, that I'm only
talking about Cystic Fibrosis patients - this is the
only place we have tested the CS so far.
In the Nutritions Book says that CS is "similar to
antibiotics" so with Cystic Fibrosis people it
shouldn't be used for more that 10-15 days. In their
case the Pseudomonas eventually kills them by forming
a colony in the lungs. The colony can't be stopped by
any antibiotic (including CS). Additionally as far as
I have read all the lab tests with CS (and BTW the
majority of the antibiotics) against bugs are on a
single platonic cell. But the bug biofilm that is
formed in CF lungs is much 'stronger' than an
autonomous cell and thus the antibiotics (including
CS) have weaker effect (in some cases none). So far I
have only found 1 paper that tests antibiotics on a
biofilm, not a planctonic cell.
Did I manage to confuse everyone :)?
Oh, also some doctors have recommended CF people to
not use CS for more than 10-15 days (implied
resistency).
Again I'm only talking about CF patients her..
Cheers
Maia

http://tax.yahoo.com