In a message dated 4/22/05 2:04:58 AM Central Daylight Time,
rainelov...@sbcglobal.net writes:

> Is this normal? Should I have taken it off the light at some point, rather
> than heating the whole time? Is this batch safe? If so, will it be effective?
> What can I do to produce a better batch next time?

Since I was one of those who responded to your first post, I guess I'll reply
to this although there are people on this list way more knowledgeable than I.
 The batch is certainly safe, especially if the colloid is clear.  If you're
uncertain about it, use it for purposes other than consumption.  The only way
that you're going to know what you're producing ppm-wise, with the rudimentary
generator that you're using, is to purchase a Hanna Tester.  With that
instrument, you can test the colloid at various points during the brewing
process to
determine where you are.  Eight ounces is rather a small amount to be working
with -- I prefer sixteen ounces, a Mason jar is perfect -- and it would be
easy to lose control of a batch this size.  Colloidal Silver starts off very
slowly and then picks up speed as it brews.  Also, do you know how good the
quality is of the distilled water that you're using?  A Hanna Tester would
allow
you to check that before brewing.  I know that many people use heat to speed up
the brewing process, but I'm unconvinced that that's a wise thing to do.
Making a quality colloid is a slow process.  What's the rush?  Another thought
--
how far apart are your silver bars?  Wait a minute -- you're using coins,
aren't you?  I don't know what the effective parameters are for that.  Is there