Raine wrote:
> I'd love nothing more than to have $100+ to spend on a good unit
> instead of this cheapie thing I have, but alas that's not the case. So
> I've gotta learn how to make this work the best it can for our needs.

Raine, I have a question:

Do you have a friend or loved one who can handle a soldering iron? A
kid who tinkers with electronics, or a local ham radio enthusiast? Even
an electronics repair shop in town could probably do what I have in
mind...

One of the easiest ways to tame a generator like yours is to put a
simple resistor in series with the electrode circuit. It will slow down
the process so that you may have to let it run overnight, but you'll
never have runaway.

The product will be clear, with a very faint tyndall and decent
concentration.

We'll have to tinker a bit to figure out the right resistor value, but
the idea is pure simplicity. Oh, yeah, resistors cost pennies apiece,
even at Radio Shack. Even if you have to pay somebody a few bucks to
solder it in for you, it's still pretty do-able. And it's not hard to
learn to solder, if you choose to add a skill to your kit! <grin>

What do you think about cracking the case and tinkering a little?

Be well,

Mike D.