Hi Mike,
I'm actually becoming a little embarrassed at appearing to be the
definitive guru on eye care in this thread. It's all been
experimental. But I'm satisfied with the final formula.
Yearly ophthalmologist exams verify no deterioration. The Dr. seems
puzzled.

As far as the DMSO is concerned, I've lurked in Garnet's DMSO list
long enough to be aware that within reason, you can add it's benefits
to almost anything to increase effectiveness of your concoction.

I wouldn't hesitate to take it (DMSO) internally if I had a reason.
I have, just to taste it. Tastes bad enough to build character, so it
must be good for you...

Fairly highly diluted proves to be as effective as more concentrated.
High concentrated can be drying (strong affinity for water) as well as
de fatting.
I find with concentrated, that repeated applications to the skin
results in itchy irritation. Not harmful but uncomfortable. All this
can be avoided by diluting to say, 10-30%.
Your observation that 99% is marketed cut to 70% is because that 70%
has been found to be a comfortable  maximum strength dilution for use
on skin and more is not more effective.
Your mileage may vary...

On a tangential thought, the eye is said to be a major entry point for
cold and flu infections. Using this formula daily, with the properties
of almost all of it's ingredients, should be a great prophylactic
against these infections.
Of course the same is said of the ear, and hydrogen peroxide in the
ear has proven to me, to work to banish colds and flu! But that's
another thread...

The proportional amounts of anything in the mix is variable to the
experimenters desires. Personally, I may increase the Christophers
formula as my tolerance to the slight stinging increases (it passes
within seconds)

The tsp MSM in 1 oz is pretty near a saturated solution.
Yes that's what was effective for floaters by itself. Increase the
permeability of the eye to let the junk drain was the thinking.

I'm theorizing that the msm and dmso could soften the eyeball (improve
flexibility) to the point that close up reading that necessitates
bifocals could be relieved.
It's all "seat of the pants". Take what you wish.

                                                Chuck
Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as
kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic
pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.
 - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989.