Andreas,

So this stack provider drops syntactically incorrect requests rather
than generating an error response. And you would like some reference to
3261 that says a response should be sent in this case.

IMO a response should always be sent unless the request is malformed in
a way that makes it impossible to send a syntactically correct response.

So, if the From, To, or Via were malformed then there is justification
for not sending a response, but since the R-URI doesn't appear in the
response that isn't an issue here. (But if the same value is in the To,
then maybe it does apply.)

But of course servers are permitted to drop requests for arbitrary
reasons, such as being overloaded. So I don't think there is anything
that says there is a *requirement* to respond to this request.

        Paul