Regarding point 1:
It may happen that you did not setup who is getting mail for root  (alias
for root) in /etc/aliases file.
Here is mine:
# Person who should get root's mail
#root:          marc
root:        k...@nstel.ru

Don' forget to issue newaliases command after editing /etc/aliases file.
Of course, you (postfix) should be able to resolve where to send mail for
the person designated.

Regards,
Nikolay.