> > You can't get rid of this one Paul.  Multiple AA's with different
> > dialing plan's would not be that uncommon. IMO
>
> It's not uncommon to have multiple Auto-attendants on a
> system.  I have one system with three distinct auto
> attendants now.  Additionally, is there really anything to
> simplify on the Auto Attendant - it is so simple and
> straightforward now.

Understood.

Here's what I'm thinking then...

Under Features -> Auto Attendants, you'd continue to see the "Attendants"
screen that you are familiar with.

But there would be a new "Extensions" screen.  It would contains a table of all
Auto Attendant extensions, with 100 added by default on new installations.
This is where you add new Extensions, and configure which Attendants are used
for the Default/Working/Holiday times.  Basically, the AA configuration you're
used to doing in the Dial Plan will now be done on this new AA "Extensions"
screen.

BTW, the motivation for this is XX-7822 [1].  Auto Attendant (and Voicemail)
extensions aren't Dial Rules any more that Hunt Group or Conference extensions
are.  Auto Attendant configuration will be simplified, since all its
configuration will now be under Features -> Auto Attendants.  But the main goal
is to simplify System -> Dial Plans (rules.)

Make sense?

-Paul
paulmoss...@avaya.com

[1] http://track.sipfoundry.org/browse/XX-7822 Reorganize how dial plans are