Subject: [sipx-users] Caller ID issue
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 20:40:05 -0500)

The last post on that topic was from yourself Dale, telling me to turn up
logging to debug levels which I am pretty sure I had posted to have tried
without success. So, I needed to get past the merging problem so that I could
then generate logs to actually start seeing anything at all.

> Actually, the *entire* suite of diagnostic tools that Avaya people use for
> commercial customers is included in the open-source distribution:  sipx-
> snapshot, merge-logs, sipviewer, sipx-response-correlator, etc.  Some

I think some people are only asking if it would be possible to integrate some
of those things into the system itself, so that there aren't so many steps
involved in trouble shooting. The other poster has a valid point, when a system
goes down, you don't always think about generating logs as much as you NEED to
get the darn thing back up and running. That is the priority.

> If you know of any way that one might build an "expert system" that could
> do this diagnosis directly at the request of the administrator, rather than

I am willing to bet if users mulled it around in a positive way that some good
ideas could be generated and perhaps even turned into solutions that would help
the overall product. Just need to let people voice their thoughts, not everyone
is a full time sipx expert guru that does only that for a living.