On 2010-07-02 23:32, m...@grounded.net wrote:
> Just now, *while* on a call, the phone dropped registration so it's getting
> worse.
> Another phone with the same number, registered didn't drop.
> It's random and I'm looking at the logs now.
That is most likely just a broken phone, but there is far to little
information here to be sure.

Note how little actual information is in this "report" of a problem:

Nothing on what kind of phone, what version the phone is, what was on
the other end of the call.  Even "dropped registration" is not useful -
what does that mean?  Being registered or not has exactly _nothing_ to
do with being on a call - did the call end prematurely?  Did the phone
fail to re-register when it should have?  How do you know?

Follow simple rules:

    * What was the situation - include configuration and topology
      descriptions?
    * What were the participants - include models and versions?
    * What did you do?
    * What did you expect to happen?
    * What actually happened?

Don't assume that anyone remembers anything about your configuration
from any other report - duplication of the information reduces
ambiguity, saves everyone time trying to find it, and makes the archived
problem report a more useful standalone record more likely to be found
by someone else with the same problem using a web search.

Messages like the one quoted above are frankly just a waste of everyones
time - there is no realistic possibility that anyone could even reliably
recognize that this was a known problem, or help you diagnose it, based
on that message.   Take the time to report clearly and fully, and you
might get good help without having to wait for multiple round trip
message delays.