On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 06:30:15PM +0100, Frans wrote:
>     NO.
>
>     I don't know how the mesh rumor got started, but it's already been stated
>     in this thread that 2.0 will NOT include mesh support. All the questions
>     are interesting, but they don't apply yet.
>
> This video might have something to do with it. ;)
> Second Life Tech Demo - Model Import and Global Illumination
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swh6gY_dEH0

The reason is simply that if not it being the year 2010,
then certainly the version bump to 2.0 makes it almost
trivial to expect mesh support.

Since apparently 2.0 is mergable with snowglobe by one
man, and since it doesn't contain mesh support, it's
more of an PR thing. It should have been called 1.24.

--
Carlo Wood <ca...@alinoe.com>
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/SLDev