In case you guys wonder how I think the Republicans would respond.
Here it is again. Notice that I never said that they would doubt the
need to go into Iraq.

On Monday, January 26, 2004, at 09:15 AM, Tim Harder wrote:

Strictly following my hypothetical:

If Bush was the front runner I think he would be whining that Clinton should
have done more to get support from the UN. (After all he begged and pleaded
with the UN for six or seven months or something.)

I think all the candidates would be saying we should cut federal spending in
order to easier pay for the war that threatens to send us further into debt.

I would hope that some of the Republicans would advocate a plan where
Iraq's own oil could be used to help repay the US for liberating them.

I would hope that some of the Republicans would try to point out that the
best way to fight terrorism is to cut off the money supply to Arab countries
that support it... which is probably all of them. Including drilling for oil
in Anwar and in off shore US waters.