Ryan, is it your intention to have me draft the program?

I'm sorry I won't do that. Smarter people than myself came up with the original program. I feel the current program is like the US Constitution. It is very good. It holds up under time.
It isn't perfect, but what is? But on the other hand it is perfect....

What I find interesting is that the arguments today could have been argued years 30 years ago.. The numbers are down. Well go get more people involved. Go bring friends/newcomers to a larger contest.
Maybe they will then enjoy it and bring friends/newcomers too..
To do any of the levels you need witnesses. Go enlist friends to come fly and turn them into aspirants.
That is what the program is partly about.

I can't tell you what would impress me.. because the program already does. Attempts to change it or make a new program are falling short. The program presented by Don dharban and I've been following on the groups falls short.
The ideas are very simple, not challenging, not  noteworthy.

In following the groups I find it also interesting that there are people who say they are willing to do the work to get the program started, but then say the LSF should do this and that. Guys...if you are interested in doing it, get it all prepared think it through, better than you have .... 3 10 min flights in 1 hour is ridiculous... That isn't hard. In a good air cycle it's easy. My son was bored a couple of weeks ago... He had 3 30 or longer minute flights .. he thought soaring was easy. Then he went to 2 contests and did very poorly at one and reasonably well at the other but did have problems. You see the air he went out in was quite easy.. making him seem like a JW, DP or Tom Kiesling. But he is none of those guys.

The contest situation is FLY NOW, find air and make your time... Land for very high points. You minimized it. 3 in one hour. I could think of ways of making it more complicated, but you take out the landing part because in a contest their is a certain amount of pressure... you see you can't give up seconds to get the landing. You have to be right on, on both. In the contest I was at the other day I had to alter my landing pattern for other incoming ships... So for another program to be good it has to be tough... It doesn't have to be the same but 3 10 minute flights in 1 hour...??

Someone wrote me privately the other day to tell me how negative I am... How I can't see a new program being good. Quite the opposite. I am very positive about the OLD program. And if something GOOD comes along I will support that.. It has to be good, anything less will fail. And be certain of this, anything that everyone can do WILL FAIL. Not everyone should be able to do it, otherwise there's no reason to... it's a given.

FLAME SHIELD ON.

rdwoebke wrote:

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Jeff Steifel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
To me this is a watered down acheivement program that doesn't challenge anyone
Except
for the 8 hour slope.
I'm not impressed.

What would you be impressed with?