Simon Van Leeuwen wrote:
How many can remember their very first R/C sailplane? Mine was one of the first Oly 650's. Wish I still had it for posterity, but elected to fly another aircraft while a newbie flew my Oly, bad idea...

House of Balsa 2-T. Very stable plane, broke down easily for transport, but I would not recommend a T-tail for someone teaching themselves to fly -- too fragile. Luckily it was also easy to repair!

Still, many happy memories of watching it soar against the sunset in those early years...

 -- Keith