That was some good advice, thanks. I Reduced the diffuse samples to 4, diffuse rays to 3 but had to increase AA to 20 to get an acceptable amount of noise. The quality is about the same as before but the render time was reduced to 1h:33minutes. Also got rid of the sampling errors by clamping the sampling values.

But still much more fine noise overall then the Octane render, so I'm rendering one with a diffuse sample setting of 6.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4271217/Arnold_Classroom_AA20_DiffSamples-4_DiffRays-3_1h-33min.png

So far Octane is still the winner by a landslide. It's very quiet all of a sudden, Maxwell, Vray anyone ?!

- Ronald