How many custom attributes and specifically some feeding into ICE do you
have?
And how many FCurves at a time are we talking about?

We encountered several related issues (and occasionally solved or had
confirmation of them, and some QFEs that helped a lot)

--
Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it
and let them flee like the dogs they are!