From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Enrique Caballero
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 8:16 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Setting and Manipulating Keys Very slow in Referenced Model

well its a gear rig so there are a fair but of custom parameters. but not an
obscene amount. And as far as I know, no parameters driven by ICE. although I
am using the dual quaternion skinning compound for the envelope.  I've already
tested with this removed and it wasnt the issue.

I have tested in 2014 and it is better, by like 30 % but its still massively
slower than it would be if the model was in Local Mode.

Seeing as how well Softimage's referenced model and Deltas work together, it is
a major reason we use Softimage here at this studio, I would expect the speed
of keyframing to be very fast on referenced models, it should be just as fast I
dare say, otherwise its a massive hit on their usability.

I have also tested with other rigs as well,  Gear rigs, the malcolm rig, and
rigs of my own making, its a pretty major speed difference when setting and
manipulating keys on referenced models vs local models.

As far as how many fcurves.  well... A lot, its an entire rig,  its like 150
objects, and we are keying their entire srt. as the animators are currently
blocking animation, so they key the entire character at once.

2014 is a bit faster, but not massively so. And we don't have the luxury of
moving our pipeline to 2014 right now, our tools are written for 2013 at the
moment and we are going through a major tools development phase

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Raffaele Fragapane