Many studios having the same problems at the same time is a HUGE
opportunity if we leverage it properly.

I completely agree about the collaboration that will be necessary from
users.  However, for studios' part, I know a lot of places are interested
in Fabric already, even if they haven't actually bought licenses yet.  So
if part of the incentive was some kind of agreement for the FE guys to help
nurture a scene assembly tool to life quickly, it might help tip the scale
for whatever cost/benefit analysis places are doing.  The devs working on
Fabric are truly some of the best in the world (and from what I understand,
a big part of the reason AD bought Softimage to begin with).  They are a
big part of the equation for what will happen in the future, even if they
don't end up wanting to build a scene assembler as a supported "product" in
itself (or who knows -- maybe they will?).

It would be great to get a little (or big?) list of studios that are
interested in this sort of project (or other ones) and possibly have some
kind of summit with the FE guys about what it would take to fast-track FE
into certain critical areas of production, assuming a certain number of
licenses were purchased.  No commitments at this point -- just a list of
interested parties who might be curious enough to be part of the
conversation, pending whatever other conversations need to be had with
superiors.  I.e., it's understood that nobody is speaking for their
companies at this point.  Just indicating that they think their company
*might* be interested.

I'll start:

Psyop
Massmarket