I don't want to start all over again.  But I don't see how Bifrost running
as a parallel process in the background, could get at some point the same
functionality as ICE.  At this moment all you can do from that webinar
ending video is create a particle grid domain, send the interacting geo to
Bifrost, wait for it to simulate, cache using Alembic and get back that
solution in Maya.

Again it could be addressed the same way by Softimage, but with the
interactivity of ICE with the solution.  For this kind of work I don't see
any real advantage over Softimage/Realflow.  Except that of generating the
grid domain straight from the Maya UI and send the data to Bifrost.

It is well known by us that ICE is not only a fluid solver.

Maybe Autodesk will shut up my mouth in 5 years...

Emilio Hernández   VFX & 3D animation.