Exactly!

I never understood why I could not drag and drop attributes from the Channel
editor or Attribute Editor directly  into the expression editor. This kind of
ease of use is critical but ignored.

How weird is this example:

1.       I CANNOT drag the attribute OR the value from the Channel Editor to
Expression editor

2.       I CANNOT drag the attribute from the Attribute editor to Expression
Editor.  ( I can't even select the attribute here but I can in the Channel
Editor)

3.       I CAN drag the value from the Attribute editor to Expression Editor!

Where is the consistency? Where is the ability to have reasonable expectations
of follow-through in interface behavior? Why am I not permitted to anticipate
behavior in the interface? You do something in one place and expect you can do
it elsewhere and can't, you quit trying and are always asking the question
"what is the context here?" ..no not that but this,...no not this but that....,
because the context and behavior works in some places and not in others. It's
disturbingly incongruent.

It's like this all over the application.

--
Joey Ponthieux
Opinions stated here-in are strictly those of the author and do not