The more I read, the more I think you guys never managed to know your users or
how we use the tools and even who really is your competitor…

Just an example with compositing

- After Effects was windows/mac only!!! no way will get hold of the VFX
industry.
- Digital Fusion was windows only!!!
- Toxik was designed with flame in mind, the whole gestural thing and the new
SQL paradigm proved not what the industry was after, which was lots of cheap
seats of operators crunching frames like Shake was, like Nuke is.

Nuke was not ready for prime time (I would say it was a bit unfinished around
the edges) but had the credit of Titanic and the pedigree of a first class VFX
house behind it… run on linux, was highly customisable (like Maya) and it was
faster than Shake so felt like a move forward.

I wonder though what you mean by "Modo being able to hold together as you add
the various workflows required to be a complete DCC"

thx

Jordi Bares
jordiba...@gmail.com