"What we can do is listen to how this has impacted you and be responsible for helping you get back to a place where each of you are back to creating 3D art without thinking about the platform you use. "

And what if your "Creating 3D art" relies on the unique abilities that ICE affords you? To be able to control everything programatically down to its fundemental component parts?

There seems to be an assumption that skills can just be swapped over to Maya, and this is probably true if your work doesn't deeply involve inventing tools with ICE. If you just model, put some bones in and add some blendshapes, animate and render, then I'm sure Maya will do fine. What about those of us who evolved way past that kind of workflow years ago?

I'm not just "thinking about the platform I use". Its the ONLY platform that can actually do what I'm doing unless you include Houdini or Fabric, and neither of them are near the speed of iteration of ICE yet.

Please could I request that you get a Maya guy to try making Maya equivalents of some ICE tools I could demonstrate.. I think the problem would soon become very clear and its not about personal preference. Its about being able to do this stuff at all.

Paul