From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Ponthieux, Joseph
G. (LARC-E1A)[LITES]
Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2014 6:25 AM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: RE: Ideas for star fields?

Oh and one other thing. You may find that constraining the star field sphere
position directly to your camera and forcing the sphere orientation to remain
in sync with the scene will produce the best results. Render the stars out as a
pass and comp everything over them as the base image. By doing this the "stars"
will always maintain an exact distance from the camera and since stars are such
an incredible distance from us in space the illusion is remarkably similar. It
will also make the appearance of the stars much more predictable as you can set
them for what you want and you no longer have to worry about that appearance
changing other than camera orientation.

--
Joey Ponthieux
LaRC Information Technology Enhanced Services (LITES) Mymic Technical Services