It also uses constraints too from what I've been told over the years.

It's less about how its done, more that its such an essential tool used every 15 minutes or less while rigging it's gotten to an absurd point where a) we need to script it / find a script and b) it's not part of the menus already and finally c) it's not a mapped key combo by default. (Yes all Maya's keys are already mapped, I know).

Eric T.