For taking up a fight with Cinema 4D, Maya needs a serious crashcourse and lose some excess wheight.

I have collegues do stuff in Cinema 4D, anything from dynamics, multiple projections, "just" rendering smoke with Arnold, painting textures in Bodypaint and playing with *.psd layers and layered shaders without bothering much.

Umhh, sitting close by, debugging a polygon mesh in Maya 2015sp6Ext1 node editor that still has connections to the initial shading group even if it shouldn´t, finding out that renderlayers are suddenly breaking when switching to another render layer, loosing hair about Maya´s own layered texture/layered shader, constantly on the edge of my seat for not knowing if Maya will last me through this prolonged session or not doesn´t feel like it´s time for flip flops.

I´ve started with Maya somewhere around Maya 1.5 / Maya 3.5 /Maya 4. At least 10 years of trying to keep a stiff upper lip, wading through deep shit and hoping for the best. Years lost with running into stupid limitations and trying to soldier on.

I want my life back.

If I wake up on the couch, it´s because I didn´t make it to the bed after another exhausting Maya session fighting the program,
not solving my task.

Cheers,

tim

P.S: That´s why I don´t want to commit to Autodesk, not because I fancy being a spoiled, irresponsible single child brat showing off my sneakers, mac book, blog and life style, sneering at anyone who doesn´t fit my style googles. Even beer googles are more human...