From: Eric Turman
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2015 4:39 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: Get rid of your flip phone and get current on maya!

It's not you, Chris. It is very expensive for software that is only
rent-able--and yes, subscribing for a year is still effectively renting. I brew
my own coffee and pay less than 25 cents per cup--not $5.77 (the adjusted price
of a 5 day work week rather than 4.17 for working 7 days a week.) The whole
thing comes off as sleazy car salesman, but it is unfortunately what I would
expect from AD.

I would, however, not be surprised if we see someone from AD jumping onto this
thread ​explaining this latest 'benevolent' ploy and how this is better for all
of us kind of horsepucky.

<rant>
One of the biggest parts of Autodesk and Adobe CC is that for production,
generally, we don't care about the having the cutting edge until it has been
proven stable. So while having access to beta to know what is coming down the
pike and to test how the new version is going to break tools, the truth of the
day to day is that we need a stable version of the software to get our work
done quickly and with the fewest problems. AD marketing is so clueless to paint
us in the light that we are all a bunch of hipster douche-bags pushing a button
to advance to the next script and letting the computer work for a few hours
while we go off in between mountain-biking and surfing like a glorified George
Jetson.
</rant>