Application.SetSelFilter("Border_Edge")
Application.SelectAllUsingFilter("Border_Edge",
"siCheckComponentVisibility", "", "")

-----Original Message-----
From: softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com
[mailto:softimage-boun...@listproc.autodesk.com] On Behalf Of Morten
Bartholdy
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2016 3:25 PM
To: softimage@listproc.autodesk.com
Subject: Re: ICE - how to align instances to edges?

Wow thanks a lot Olivier - that looks like it will do the trick. The reason
I didn't want to use curves is merely that I will get a lot of polygon
islands and don't know how to automagically select all border edges for
extraction - otherwise curve tangency would be fine.

The Get Gg node just before Align Particle to Vector looks like it is the
one that provides the edge vector, correct!? But I fail to understand what
it is doing though.

Cheers
Morten